Wise mountain? ive never heard it called that before.
Was coming home from work going down Wise Mountain today and this crazy ass driver goes FLYING by me in a silver car with tags along the lines of "IM BACK" or "IM BAAK" (going so fast I couldn't even read the tags). They passed me up IN A CURVE when the lines were obviously double-yellow. I was afraid they were going to come close to hitting someone on the other side of the road but luckily the traffic was very light.
I was going at about 30-40 and the car had to be doing 55 or over. They were almost sliding around the curves they were going so fast . . it looked like someone recorded a person driving down Wise Mt. and fast forwarded it.
Has anyone else seen anyone like this on Wise Mt. before? I wonder if these folks realize just how dangerous their 'driving' really is?
I know, this is very random and probably nobody will care, but I just thought I'd share my story (and frustration) with my encounter with dumbass driver #62146891.
Officially retired
Wise mountain? ive never heard it called that before.
Reeking of awesomeness!
People from Coeburn, generally call it Wise Mountain. People from Wise call it Coeburn Mountain.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
I don't know the driver of that car personally, but I know who you're talking about. Tried to do the same thing to me one day, but I got the last laugh. They tried to push me up the mountain because they couldn't pass with the oncoming traffic, which included the coal trucks. So, I slowed down to about 30 or 35 and just cruised. They tried to pass me in the "S" curves at the top of the mountain and almost hit a motorcyle ... had to get back behind me because neither I nor the motorcycle could go anywhere to get out of their way. (Go off the road in the "S" and risk having the bottom ripped off your car.) Very fortunate that day nobody was killed. They had to follow me all the way into Wise ... and I didn't even go a mile over the speed limit for the first time ever [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.
Bookmarks